All -

I'll admit I haven't been too active on the lists lately - but with Dad in
the nursing home for the past 3 years his situation has been vastly
different than the challenges faced by many of you.

I just wanted to let you all know that Dad passed away this morning, very
peacefully.  He simply "slept away".  We are assuming he had no pain or
discomfort, since he neither cried out, nor disturbed the bed alarm.

I'm saddened, of course, but am relieved as well.  My sister put it so
succinctly - he seemed sentenced... but we could think of no crime.  We take
comfort that he has been freed - and our faith assures us that he's free
from all pain, and been welcomed in heaven.

Thank you all for the ideas, suggestions, inspiration, and laughs along the
way these past few years.  I'll likely return to my lurking ways.... but
will keep my eyes open for the true gems that come so effortlessly to these
lists.

Diane McHutchison
long distance caregiver for Dad - John "Jack" Quigg.
11 years since diagnosis
?? years since first onset of symptoms (but at least several years before
diagnosis)
73 years old