Mitochondrial Respiration: Biochemical Pathways:
Genetic Mutation in Parkinsons Disease - NADH Dehydrogenase (Complex I)
Also shows rotenone (herbicide)
http://www.expasy.ch/cgi-bin/show_image?O9&right

Pub Med 516000 Complex I, Subunit ND1: MTND1
The internal electron carriers of Complex I include flavin mononucleotide
(FMN) and 6 iron-sulfur clusters. The NADH-binding site and FMN have been
assigned to the 51-kD polypeptide. (51-kD = NDUFV1 Gene)
The iron-protein fragment contains 9 or 10 iron atoms and a 15-kD protein
from this fragment appears to be the ubiquinone-binding protein  involved
in electron transfer to ubiquinone (Co Q10). The MTND6 protein may also be
located in the iron protein fragment.
MTND1 polypeptide binds rotenone and rotenone analogs. (Rotenone causes
Parkinsons)
Allelic variants of MTND1 (Gene) have been reported in Alzheimers Diease
and Parkinsons Disease.

Pub Med 3931555 Reconstitution of heme-synthesizing activity from ferric
ion and porphyrins, and the effect of lead on the activity.
These results indicate that the NAD(P)H-oxidizing system reduces ferric ion
to ferrous ion. This ferrous ion is then utilized for heme synthesis by
ferrochelatase.

Pub Med 10582332 Ferrochelatase
Ferrochelatase catalyzes the insertion of ferrous iron into protoporphyrin.
A [2Fe-2S] cluster is a prosthetic group in mammalian ferrochelatase.

Pub Med 10385886 Manganese Neurotoxicity: a review of clinical features,
imaging and pathology
Manganese intoxication can result in a syndrome of parkinsonism and
dystonia.

Pub Med 10383398 Mechanism of iron transport to the site of heme synthesis
inside yeast mitochondria
Iron cannot be preloaded in the mitochondrial matrix but rather has to be
transported across the inner membrane simultaneously with the synthesis of
heme, suggesting that ferrochelatase receives iron directly from the inner
membrane. Transort of iron is inhibited by manganese.

Street-Drug Contaminant causing Parkinsonism - National Institute on Drug
Abuse and the National Institute of Mental Health
MPTP - N-Methyl-4-phenyl-1,2,3,4-tetrahydroPYRIDINE.

Porphyrin Functionalization
http://www-chem.ucdavis.edu/groups/smith/research/porph_funct/WebPF1.html
The cation radicals of metalloprophyrins and metallochlorins react with
various nucleophiles (pyridines).

PMID 2174736 Mitochondrial toxicity of cationic photosensitizers for
photochemotherapy
Chalogenapyrylium (CP) dyes inhibit both complex I and complex II. CP dyes
also inhibited both NADH and succinate-cytochrome c reductase activities as
well as cytochrome c oxidase and succinate dehydrogenase.

PMID 2157006 Chalcogenapytylium dyes as photochemotherapeutic agents.
Cationic selena- and tellurapyrylium dyes were found to inhibit cytochrome
c oxidase.

Tellurium is used to vulcanize rubber (vulcanite CuTe or Copper Tellurium -
Alzheimers)
Bacteria in gut make N-Methyl and turn tellurites to tellurium in the gut
and absorb iron in the form of lactoferrin which is elevated in PD. (FeTe
-Parkinsons).

PMID 6779301 Epinephrine and other activators of prostaglandin endoperoxide
synthetase can reduce Fe3+-heme to Fe2+heme.
Epinephrine, norepinephrine were found to reduce Fe3+-heme to Fe2+-heme.

PMID 10410763 Evidence suggests the role of norepinephrine deficiency in
late stages of Parkinsons disease.

Tellurium also binds with cobalt and diethylthiocarbamate and I think may
be a factor in leukemia.
Tellurium is an environmental toxin that is highly mutagenic. People in
Parkinsons and Leukemia and Alzheimers are looking for such a substance.

Tellurium can take the place of sulphur in ferrochelates .
I think it is the cause of Parkinsons Disease.

Just my theory.