In a message dated 02/19/2000 11:43:16 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:
<< So you believe McCain is for the stem cell research? >>

NOT AT ALL.. Not if he signed that statement with Lott.
If the two articles are correct -- and the seem genuine -- I think he
switched policy.
I also think he did it to get Bauer's endorsement. -- Which he got.
I also think that Bush will swimg in all directions so no one will know where
the heck he stands. --- And I'm a registered Republican. The ultra-ultra
right has too much control. They are the ones that are trying to restrict
the stem cell research. they claim it will encorage abortion. that is
strictly BS.
They are so paranoid, they  also got our State deprtment to stop Birth
Control eduction in third-world countries because they were afraid it would
really be an abortionist ploy. Middle of the road ProLife is not against
Birth Control or against stem cell research. Which Republican candidate is
middle-of-the road? Darned it I can tell. I thought it was McCain until this
deal with Lott.
Last year I went to a McCain speech. He was (at the moment) very middle of
the road. But he crossed over the line. Why? Maybe beliefs, but I think for
Bauer who is an ultra-ultra dedicated at-all-costs-damn-the-research
anti-abortionist.......Sid