Hi Dorothy
I am also new to PD.  I was diagnosed 3 weeks ago - although I have had symptoms for over 3 years the Doctors kept testing me for "other" things because I am only 39 years old.  I finally went to a Movement Disorder Clinic were they immediately knew it was PD.
I am not yet on any meds but will be starting in end of March.  The Neurologist told me she will start me on a new medication that they are testing.  Well it is not a new med., but rather the way you take it is new.  Instead of pills, which can have a varied result day to day based on your digestive system....it is the same medication, taken via a patch.  Because I have not yet taken any medication for the disease she says I am a "perfect test case".  Always nice to know you can be perfect at something!!
Perhaps your brother can look into something like this.
I also highly recommend searching the net and reading and learning as much as possible.  I am amased at how much I have learned in the last few weeks!
Another member on this list shared a wonderful site with me, which I now give you.  You should check it out for your brother.  http://www.pdindex.com/
I hope this helps.
Kelly in Calgary