Hello everyone,

Bob did have right side STN DBS on January 13th.  The doctor only has his power up to 1.8.  That is as high as they would turn it on our first post op visit.  We will go back on 2/28 and hopefully the Dr. will turn it up to 3 (that is what they needed in the OR).  They do things slowly down here in FL!

Anyway, Bob wanted me to ask all of you to describe your "off" time.  He wants to know if his "off" time is similar to anyone else?

Unfortunately he is having a lot of off time lately, that is why he is so anxious to have his stim turned up higher.  Bob describes his off time as:   exhaustion; sore muscles; ill at ease and he feels he must search for a more comfortable position to relieve his agony.  Most often, though, he is unable to lift his legs to an ottoman or get up from a chair by himself.  I usually help him through these rough times.  We walk back and forth through the house, try the electric massager on his back, he will sit for a minute, then I must get him up to try another chair.  It is absolutely horrible to see him suffer so.

I think he just wants to know that he is not alone.  Thanks for your time and thoughts.

Jackie
C/G for Bob, age 49, diag. 42., symp at 35