hi all

a little clarification re this virus:
it not only grabs every e-mail address in your computer
but monitors incoming e-mail and sends an automatic reply with itself attached

viz: each message that i have just sent to connie has come back to me
with an automatic reply with yet another copy of the virus
so connie isn't even sending out any mail herself

thus be warned; don't send any e-mail direct to connie for the time being

how the heck can we get these hackers interested in neurology?

janet

>Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 09:44:59 -0800 (PST)
>From: "connie" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re:      NETNEWS: NewsScan: Handheld Devices To Get In Sync
>
>'janet marie paterson' wrote:=0A=
>=3D=3D=3D=3D=0A=
>- >HANDHELD DEVICES TO GET IN SYNC
>- >A number of well-known companies, including IBM, Nokia, Lotus, =
>Motorola,
>- >Palm, and Starfish Software, have formed an alliance to develop an =
>open
>- >universal standard that would make it easy for users of handheld =
>computers
>- >to exchange calendars, e-mail, to-do lists and other data among =
>different
>- >devices and different operating systems. The group is called SyncML, =
>and the
>

>WARNING: The remainder of this message has not been transferred.
>The estimated size of this message is 142334 bytes.
>Click on the server retrieve icon above and check mail again to
>get the whole thing.  If the server retrieve icon is not showing,
>then this message is no longer on the server.

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
a new voice: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/
613 256 8340 PO Box 171 Almonte Ontario Canada K0A 1A0