Yes, Kees, that does sound very familiar---perhaps your cat and ours are
siblings?
I too have enjoyed writing poems about MImiJi, "the little cat who is the
companion of our home", and her feline predecessors.  I would be glad to
share them with catlovers, but hesitate to put too many cat things on the
list---remember the uproar about my "flying pigs" last year????  If you are
among the cat-loving group and want to see them let me know--- Here's how
Mimi signs HER emails----

        Your  affectionate Feline Friend,

                        Mimi-Ji

                  If you want the best seat in the house,