hi all

most of the most recent batch of PMID abstracts
jumped out of my computer before being made completely ready for prime time

i have formatted them properly now and will re-post the 'eager beavers'

[FWIW - this is National Beaver Day in Canada = the Final Friday in February]

in general, in re my posting the PMID abstracts,
i have been keeping a close eye on the PMID Medline website
for newly published papers which mention Parkinson's disease
for a couple of years now

my plan has been and still is to post virtually all of them to our list
so as to ensure that they get into the list archives for future searching and 'aha!'s'

the number of new articles each month has also been a kind of barometer
indicating the general volume of current research into pd;
this month the barometer count is approximately 139 -  not too shabby at all!
[two years ago the monthly figures were in the 50's and 60's!]

you may have noticed a change in my modus operandi;
this month, i've been posting the new article abstracts on an ongoing basis
as they are entered into the PubMed/Medline database,
rather than posting them in bigger batches at the end of the month

my thinking here is that they are thus more digestible
and possibly more likely to receive individual attention;
however, i am still planning on posting
a summary of PMID abstracts at month's end,
and this time i'll include
an example of searching the archives for specific PMID subjects

i am convinced
that our list archives contain more current information
[both scientific and anecdotal] about pd in one place
than anywhere else in the world

IMHO [In My Humble Opinion] and
ATRORM [At The Risk Of Repeating Myself]
the PIEnet is a veritable Parkinson's goldmine/miracle;
i thank barb patterson [silently] [daily] for starting it and nurturing it;
i thought it was time to say it out loud [sorta] for a change;

thanks, barb!!!!

janet

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
a new voice: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/
613 256 8340 PO Box 171 Almonte Ontario Canada K0A 1A0