Hi Jack....

You'll find all three of the most popular voice amplifiers in the
"Bruce Health and Medical" catalog.

I tried the cheapest one, at $159 which included overnight express
delivery.  I found unit to continually generate a lot of static,
and therefore I returned it after less than one week of use.

Next, I bought the mid-priced unit which cost $269, including the
cost of over night delivery.  I've had this unit for about 3 and a
half months and while there's an occasional shriek while it's in
use, I found that for the device to be just fine for everyday use.

There are a coupla-three things I'd change on the amplifier such
as the belt and the toggle on the belt.  Neither of which in my
opinion is designed with "Parkie fingers" in mind.  The belt is a
little too limp and flexible to get a good grasp on it, and the
toggle should not be so flat and relatively small.

There IS a smaller device, available for $650 that ONLY picks up
voices, and filters out any other sounds.   It's listed in the
Bruce catalog along with the two other amplifiers.  It's also
smaller than the other two units.

Never the less, this WORKS, and well and I use it all the time.
Oddly, I get a lot of inquiries from curious passerbyes asking
what I wore the headset for, and this has provided me with an
opportunity to enlighten them about Parkinson's.

Children are ALWAYS turning to their mothers with a "Mommy, what's
that thing the lady's wearing on her head," and the mothers ALWAYS
hush them up.  I let the kids try on the headset  and usually joke
with the mom about the resemblance to actress Lily Tomlin's
well-known character, 'Ernestine-the-Operator." (One ringy dingy,
two ringy dingies, which helps them relax.

Barb Mallut