 Has your mother's neuro discussed the behaviors that could go along with
CBDG?  I wonder of the emotional side effects/ symptoms you report are
from that?  We know that whenever the brain is in an agitated or confused
state hostility may erupt---it happens in Alzheimer's and at time in PWPs
who have a form of dementia.  She sounds really disoriented, at those
times---do you think she is actually delusional? Perhaps hallucinating and
thinks the "hittee" is someone dangerous?  You could ask a question about
this from her neuro, and also from the neuro on the NetWellness site run by
3 Ohio universities.  Here's the info---

>This website is maintained by the U. of Cincinnati , Case Western Reserve
>U., and  Ohio State U.
>Among other things, you can ask  questions of  doctors in many specialties.
>The URL is    http://www.netwellness.org/

>Ask Dr. Arif Dalvi (Peter's neuro) about PD. Click on  the Ask an Expert
>section, then click on >Parkinsons in the list of diseases.  You'll get a
>brief answer in a couple of days.

It is surely disturbing to see her with this behavior, which is probably
beyond her control.  Dpoes she take any meds to help it ?  Hope you get
some helpful replies.

David wrote:
SNIPPED>
>The second issue is her tendency to go into fits of hitting.  Once she
>becomes anxious, nervous, bothered, etc., she does go into periods of
>severe mood swings, directing them at both myself and my father - her
>care providers.  These mood swings completely changes her attitude, she
>becomes irate and irritable at both of us for no reason - everything we
>do is wrong.  She may go into uncontrollable fits of crying for periods
>of time, and occasionally, stops crying to laugh, then goes back to
>crying.  When she is in this state, she is starting to hit out at anyone
>close to her.  These are not "soft" hits, but are intentional and direct
>- aiming for parts of the body that will hurt.  When she sees the hits
>dont hurt, she will make every attempt to pinch or whatever.  (There is
>no problem of this getting out of control at this time.)
>
>I am just trying to see if anyone else in the list has experienced this
>or knows anything about this stage of the disease.  Hopefully, someone
>will have some clue as to what is going on.
>
>This is a good and I have learned a lot from being on it.
>
>David
>46, full time caregiver
>Louis
>73, full time caregiver (2 heart attacks since this all started)

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 81/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

also, on PDWebring at  http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for
                        Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "