I have not tried the nicotine therapy for treatment of PD.  However, I can
tell you that my symptoms came out of hiding when I quit smoking.  Dr. said
the smoking had masked the symptoms....looking back, I know the symptoms were
there for a few years....just not as pronounced as they were after I finally
quit.  I had smoked off and on since college....25 -26 years.....I hesitate
in trying the patch or gum just because, now that I have quit, I certainly do
not want to take that habit up again.....even if it means contending with PD.
 Does anyone know if use of the patch or gum could cause a person to want
start back smoking?  Thanks,  Sharon