Dear  Pat,
    The companywriting  LTC inssurance for those of us with existing chronic
conditions is Penn Treaty.  I believe one enterprising broker contactedour
Association.  However, he and a second insurance agent came before our Board
of Directors - both failed miserably in trying to explain, both in the Big
Picture and microcosmologically.   The agent who caused me to take a second
look contacted me through the credit union.  He got $100.00, roughly 8% of
the annual premium, for his trouble.  I should hear in the next two weeks
whether I have been accepted.
    Let me know what you find.  I think I'll ask my board to take another
look.  The phrase the agent used was asset protection.
    Hope this has been helpful.  If I get any more inquiries, I will consider
sending the above to the bulletin bboard/list.

                        Until a better day,   Don