Joan, you are so incredibly creative and inventive - and successful at it too!
More power to y ou, girl!

Now is the time for all to come to the aid of the Parkie!

Hilary Blue

ps our support group has adopted your idea of making a blanket - i  hope we
can be as successful as you were.

Stan or Joan Snyder wrote:

> Hello-I would like to announce my plans for Parkinson's Awareness
> Day-2000. If you remember, last year, I was honored to host an Art
> Exhibit called: "The Letting Go-A Parkinson's Story" which was the
> artwork & photographs by my friends Jane Scott & Marc Esser. This art
> may be viewed at:
>           <<http://www.parkinsonalliance.net/page1.htm>>
> This year, I have decided to go in another direction with my awareness
> day. It will be held on Sunday, April 30th at Shore Acres Park in
> Chillicothe, Illinois in their beautiful "Tara-like" pavilion that
> overlooks the river. The mayor will proclimate it to be Chillicothe PD
> Awareness Day. The festivities will start at around noon; for
> entertainment this year, I have booked a storyteller, a naturalist who
> brings with her birds of prey who can no longer fly and other animals to
> give a real up-close & personal demonstration of their awesome-ness, a
> magician, a clown/balloon man, and 2 bands: one to play jazzy-type
> standards and the other plays Beatles-era rock n roll. My girlfriend
> from the local nbc affiliate has offered to be mc and another friend is
> doing the catering. These entertainers will be paid a stipend to cover
> expenses and we will pay for the food so that we can offer this day of
> fun in the park to the public free of charge.

. At our day in the park, we will also have