Interesting...
I took welding as part of engineering college (few hrs/wk) for 2 yrs in mid
'60.
Also, I worked for manufacturer of welding rods for a few weeks one summer. We
had to push carts with racks of freshly coated rods in and through long low
drying tunnel (some 40-60m long)

--
Frans van Duinen
     (416) 652-8580