Eating with general slowness and difficulties in chewing and swallowing has
become a major and time-consuming problem. On several occasions food bolus
has become lodged in the esophagus and required an endoscopy to remove.

We have tried a number of things with some success: Italian Ice (lemon)
between bites; small bite sizes; mashing the food (would pureeing help?); and
liquid diet substances. We are looking for any suggestions to avoid the step
of a feeding tube. How does that work? When do you decide it is necessary?

Thanks in advance.

Allanros