Ivan, et al...

One thing everyone must consider is the quality AND the ability of
the neurosurgeon's skills.   That can make all the difference in
the world on how well the pallidotomy works.

I was blessed to have two of the finest neurosurgeons in the world
when, on Oct. 24, 1994, I had my unilateral pallidotomy - Dr, Gary
Heit of Stanford University Med Center and Dr, Robert Iacono of
Loma Linda University Med Center, with the pall, being performed
at Loma Linda hospital.

I've had a consistent 98% of "normal" right side since the above
date.

I DO have PD, and it is now manifesting itself on my LEFT side....
but that's another story. <deep sigh>

Not a day goes by that I don't thank God for Dr. Iacono's and Dr,
Heit's profound skills, and I know I'm twiced blessed in having
them both in the operating room for my pallidotomy.

AND.... i was back at work the day after the surgery!

Barb Mallut (member of the "Hole in the Head Gang")