Dear Carol and Doug,

My experience w/comtan is pretty positive, although it represents a fairly
dramatic change.  I've recently taken (6 weeks ago) my neuro's advice to swap
it for Tasmar, in order to have the benefits of the latter as a compt
inhibitor w/out the potential side effects.  But, that was a dosage of 100
mg. Tasmar thrice daily, now substituting for it 5, 200 mg. comtans.  The
comtan producers say it must be taken w/each sinemet, and indeed I've found
that essential.  Initially we tried only 3/day, but I was having significant
off periods, seemingly related to the two sinemets/day unaccompanied by
either Tasmar or comtan, so we went up to the 5 comtans to match the 5
sinemet dosages.  The result has been much more even, even moreso than
previously on the 3 Tasmar.

I'll be interested to  hear about Doug's experiences w/comtan.

John Bachman
57/4.5