Prior to coming home from the hospital in late February 1996 (prior to being
diagnosed with PD), she was immobile and lying in bed, utilizing a feeding tube.
When it came dinner time, my dad and I would purposely sit by her eating our home
cooked dinner off of plates right next to her.  The smell would drift by her and
we purposly wanted to make her hungry enough to want to eat, even though she
couldnt at the time.  The feeding tube was connected to her stomach and we would
fill it with Ensure at specified times of the day.  In time, we kept her on the
tube and started feeding her baby goods (Gerber), soft working our way up to semi
soft food.  By May, she was eating regular good, supplemented by less tube
feedings.  When she went to the hospital in June, she had the doctor remove the
feeding tube and was eating normal again.  This after the doctor had sent her
home to die, and said there was no way she would be able to eat again.  We know
now that she probably has CBGD and are still working hard, but she still lives
for her food and eats with gusto most of the time. - There are periods when she
isnt so hungry and we supplement with cans of Ensure, but she is not on the tube.

David
caregiver of mom, 68/diag @64