Please noise the following around wherever it might do the most good.
It isn't much of a position to attract people from other parts of the
country, but I would certainly invite applications from people who might
want to come to Calgary for an eight-month position to get their careers
started.

The notice is attached in Word but I'll put it in-line below as well.

Doug

--------
Rhetoric/Technical Communication Sessional Instructors Needed

The Faculty of General Studies, University of Calgary, will require at
least one and possibly two sessional instructors in Rhetoric and/or
Technical Writing next September.  Each position would involve teaching
up to six one-term courses (three per term) between September 2000 and
April 2001.  Positions carry no guarantee of continuation beyond that
date

Courses to be taught include Communications Studies 361: Spoken and
Written Discourse and Communications Studies 363: Technical Writing.
Detailed course outlines for previous sessions can be found at
http://www.ucalgary.ca/UofC/faculties/GNST/GNSTWEB2/outlines/coms.html

Applicants should have at least an MA with a specific educational
background in rhetoric and/or technical writing, as well as relevant
teaching experience.  Please send CV's with the names of three
references by April 14, 2000 to:

Dr. Doug Brent
Associate Dean, Academic Programs and Faculty Affairs
Faculty of General Studies
2500 University Drive NW
Calgary, Alberta
T2N 1N4