A feeding tube is a plastic tube inserted through one nostril and passed into the stomach.  It is
not a surgical procedure.  A high caloric, high vitamin liquid (like Ensure) is administered into
the stomach when a person is unresponsive or unable to swallow or eat solid foods.  My
wife's grandmother just had one in after she suffered a stroke.

Greg
47/35/35