Dear Everyone,

Here's what's happening with Team Parkinson:

Today is the last day of the Whole Life Expo at the LA Convention Center
where 80,000 people will be wandering by the Team Parkinson booth.  A
number of them have volunteered on the spot to join the team and to raise
money for research.  All the major U.S. Parkinson's organizations have
provided hand-outs and the booth is staffed by APDA and NPF coordinators,
as well as volunteers.  Thanks to Linda Squires of Cedar Sinai for
organizing it, and thanks to Edna Ball, caregiver extraordinaire, for
making it possible by  donating the fees.

Tomorrow -- Sunday, March 5, rain or shine -- Team Parkinson will weather
the LA Marathon.  Around 150 people will walk, run or cycle 26 miles, or
walk the Motrin 5K which starts a little later.  They will be wearing
bright teal Team Parkinson T-shirts (thanks to Jim Warsaw's donation).

It's not too late to sign up for the Motrin 5K.  Register at the LA
Convention Center starting at 8am on Sunday.  The walk starts at 9:30 from
there.  So go to the end of the pack, where Carol Walton will have a sign,
so the Team can at least start out together. It's an easy route:  "1 hour
round trip with a stop for a brew in the middle" says my brother the
mathematician.

If you are anywhere near the Los Angeles area, please come cheer us on.
The Marathon assigned us a spot between mile 25 and 26: the corner of
Wilshire and Valencia. It happens to be a block west of Good Samaritan
Hospital.  The Marathon also provided us with a band, and there will be
snack food and water.  Across the street and down a block, there's a
charming little restaurant (La Parrilla, 1300 Wilshire Blvd.) which used to
be Charlie Chaplin's home.  They've reserved a room for us from 2 to 6 so
we can have a little party after most of the runners have gone by.  Thanks
to Sheralyn Richardson and Edna Ball for being the prime movers and
shakers, even though they don't have PD.

Because so many streets are blocked off for the Marathon, it's been tricky
to figure out parking and accessibility.  Call our toll-free number, and
we'll update you as soon as we can:  1-877-735-2864.

This has been such a rich experience so far.  Mignone Trenary of Hoag
Hospital, Ken Aidekman and Margot Zobel of the  Parkinson's Unity Walk, and
Carol Walton of the Parkinson's Alliance have pulled this together so
beautifully.  When we start off tomorrow morning, whatever happens, we will
have already won.

Mary F. Yost, 52, diagnosed 42, first time marathon walker
 and her entourage, "Aunt Fanny's Family" --
 walking along: Coach & nephew Thomas Provost, son and bride Colin & Moana
 5K walkers & cheerleaders, nieces & brothers: Margaret Conroy, Connie
Hall, Jim & Tony Provost

Tales of Team Parkinson will be posted soon:  John Ball addressing the LA
Roadrunners, Tom Brown raising money at an Irish Pub, Marty Polonsky doing
the 5K upright, Richard Bohn's last minute impulse to make breakfast
yielding $600, and any that others of you would like to write.

OVERHEARD AT THE EXPO: "'Team Parkinson'?  Does that mean you sign up to
GET Parkinson's?"