Dear Barb,

My comments were not intended to insult any patients in any way.  As a
matter effect, pallidotomy before the DBS era was a very good alternative
for the treatment of advanced PD.  But  you know, just as anybody else that
thanks to science and the willingness of patients to undergo new treatments
that technics are progressing and improving.

So what I was telling is that pallidotomy at this moment is not warranted,
because of the newer and better DBS alternative.  Even though the costs of
DBS are much more than pallidotomy, I would not have pallidotomy done on my
patients in this period of time, in particular not on both sides, because of
the 7% risk of side-effects.
You are right maybe five years from now we are laughing about DBS, because a
cure was found.

Best regards,

Chris