A pinched nerve in the fifth lumbar is what I believe to be my current worse
symptom.  It occurs in just the opposite way from the way it affects your
mom.  I am only comfortable when I am sitting and any movement at all causes
pain of varying intensity throughout my entire muscular system.  I cannot
stand up straight or walk and therefore must use a wheelchair.  I am about to
get more medical attention to this problem and if I find that leads to a
helpful consition I will report it.  My neurologist has prescribed a heavier
does of sinemet and neurontin, but it hasn't seemed to help.