Linnea M Proverbs wrote:

> This is pretty personal stuff and I don't know if I should be sharing
> this, but I figure you guys could help more than anyone else...
>
> My father has late-stage Parkinson's, at least I assume it is. He has
> dementia now and does a lot of things "normal" people wouldn't do. He has
> shook my mom, he has tried to pee on practically everything, along with
> hallucinations and more normal things with Parkinson's, like his muscles
> tensing on him where he can't walk and he has trouble forming what he
> wants to say into sentences. the problem is, ....

This sounds a lot like my husband, who was diagnosed with PD 23 years ago when
he was 50 years old.   (I'm new to this list, so don't know all the
abbreviations used).  Everything was fine until about two years ago when he
contracted "Valley Fever".  The fungus settled in his knee, and it took almost
a year to get rid of it.  But the hallucinations started about that time.  He
also lost about 35lbs, which he couldn't afford to lose.

Anyway, last night he was on his way to the bathroom when he stopped by a
basket full of folded clean clothes, and instead releaved himself there.  I
was so upset and started to bawl, feeling like yelling at him, which I didn't
do.  Instead I went downstairs, started the computer and your letter was the
first one coming up. Thank you for writing.

My husband is an educated man (PhD), has always been very kind and
considerate, but now he puts his clothes on inside out and backwards -
sometimes wears my clothes - can never find the little button on his stairlift
- puts his false teeth and hearings aids in the craziest out of the way places
- and has become distrustful and cantankerous.

He takes his medication on time (I see to that) and we see his neurologist
twice a year and the family doctor about every three months.

It's good to know there are people who have the same problems - it helps to
talk about it.

Aartje