>All,The only thing I have ever been given is MYSOLINE 50mgs.of which I am up
>to 2 at bedtime. I don't even know what it is for. I do have that appt.April
>6th in Iowa City,Iowa. It's with a Movement Disorder clinic. I had to make
>those arrangements myself.Does anyone know what this MYSOLINE is and what it
>is used for?It does work short term on the tremors. Shirley

Hi Shirley-- the PDR says that Mysoline  is an anti-convulsant drug used to
treat epileptic and other seizures. It is chemically similar to
barbituates.  It should not be stopped suddenly.....most common side
effects include : lack of muscle  coordination, vertigo, severe
dizziness--less common include double vision, drowsiness, emotional
disturbance, excessive irritability, fatigue, impotence, loss of appetite,
nausea, skin eruptions resembling measles, uncontrolled movement of
eyeballs, vomiting.
Avoid alcoholic beverages while taking it.
 I suggest that if the Movement Disorder clinic continues you on it, you
might want to read the entire package insert for further cautions, drugs
not to take it with, etc.  It is not apparently a med used for PD.
Hope the appt. is really helpful!

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 81/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

also, on PDWebring at  http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for
                        Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "