Just checking in to say hello and to report that my nephew Thomas (Coach T
the Terrible) and I finished the LA Marathon in 9 hours and 18 minutes.  I
sprinted the last block and did a little "Rocky" dance.  It was a soggy
once-in-a-lifetime experience.  I came in as number 17,046 which means I
"beat" 6,000 people, most of whom must have had the good sense to quit.

Yesterday I went back to work. I'll tell the tale in  more detail.  The
most important part is the feeling that you-all were out there, buoying  me
up.  Thank you.

Mary

We're still counting the contributions, and more keeps rolling in. The
final count will probably be made at the end  of the month.  It looks like
we made enough for 2 seed grants --
funding research projects that could attract big grants from the NIH.