At 11:13 AM 2000/03/08 -0500, mary yost the most wrote:
>Just checking in to say hello and to report that my nephew Thomas (Coach T
>the Terrible) and I finished the LA Marathon in 9 hours and 18 minutes.  I
>sprinted the last block and did a little "Rocky" dance.  It was a soggy
>once-in-a-lifetime experience.  I came in as number 17,046 which means I
>"beat" 6,000 people, most of whom must have had the good sense to quit.
>
>Yesterday I went back to work. I'll tell the tale in  more detail.  The
>most important part is the feeling that you-all were out there, buoying  me
>up.  Thank you.
>
>Mary
>
>We're still counting the contributions, and more keeps rolling in. The
>final count will probably be made at the end  of the month.  It looks like
>we made enough for 2 seed grants --
>funding research projects that could attract big grants from the NIH.

all i can say, mary, is
wow wow and wow!!!

i was thinking of you through the day
and also thinking of how much you and the whole team buoyed my spirit!

buoy! oh buoy! oh buoy!

janet
who used to do an aerobic three miles in 29 minutes every day

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
a new voice: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/
613 256 8340 PO Box 171 Almonte Ontario Canada K0A 1A0