Since Parkinson's is a "designer disease," different for each one of us, it
seems as though we should at least start with have a "designer scale,"
different for each of us.  Each of us has some "litmus tasks" that we do -
that are easy to do at some times, harder to do at others, and often
quantifiable in some manner as to difficulty of performance..  We can
measure ourselves by outlining these litmus tasks and plot our progress
over the course of days and in the presence of different environmental
variables.

Now, Dr. van der Lnden, here is where the internet comes in - once we have
our own "designer scale," we can share it with others.  There will be some
scaling items for one person that are different from the scaling items of
others, some that are the same.  And as we share our designer scales
through the internet, each of us may pick up some points that we had missed
on ourselves and change our own "designer scale."

The environmental variables, which may be little more than background noise
in many cases, could turn this into a multidimensional model - many causes
contributing to several effects.  But perhaps we now have the tools to work
with the many dimensions, where we did not even several years ago.

Finally some candidate for a PhD in medical research comes by, codifies the
data into one scale, and becomes immortalized like Hoehn and Yahr.

It might work?

Art