> >Now, Dr. van der Lnden, here is where the internet comes in - once we
have
> >our own "designer scale," we can share it with others.  There will be
some
> >scaling items for one person that are different from the scaling items of
> >others, some that are the same.  And as we share our designer scales
> >through the internet, each of us may pick up some points that we had
missed
> >on ourselves and change our own "designer scale."

I couldn't agree more.  My husband and I are about to construct a simple
scale by which we can evaluate a change in his medication.  Jamie has had
terrible problems with the dyskinesis associated with Mirapex, but we
hesitate to discontinue the drug because it prevents  his dystonia and
decreases his tremor.  So....as we increase Mirapex and decrease Sinemet we
have constructed a rudimentary time scale in order to assess his
functioning. As we've progressed in this experiment we have found the time
scale to be inadequate, and now feel the need to develop a slightly more
sophisticated tool.  Any suggestions from list members would be much
appreciated.  Since Jamie is doing the recording of his progress - and is
very limited in fine motor coordination (I'm sure many of you can identify
with that problem), we need something quick, easy, and accurate.
-----
God bless
Mary An (CG Jamie 60/20)

P.S.  FYI, all changes in my husband's meds are being over-seen by his
neuro - who couldn't suggest a performance tool that we could use to assess
function, BTW.