Primidone (Mysoline) was developed and is mainly used to control the
convulsions of epilepsy; but as a side effect it also alleviates the
tremor of "essential tremor" resistant to the usual PD drugs. It is one
of two drugs currently approved for that (at dosage less than a quarter
of that used to treat epilepsy). The other is propranolol (Inderal)
which often has the unwanted effect of depressing heart rate. I find
also that a glass of beer or wine quickly stops non-PD action tremor,
but only for 1/2 hour or so. I could live with that if I could afford
it. Cheers,
Joe
--
J. R. Bruman   (818) 789-3694