hi
"good old Chicago" caught my eye! that is our old home state--Chicago
played a big part in our 36 yrs. in IL.  my husband Jim, who has had pd
14 yrs. had to retire from teaching music
at eastern IL U. we left IL. in 94 leaving 3 daughters there. they are a
big help in the support group for pd.
your article on dbs also was of interest as we had been considering that
for Jim, here in Miami fl. the site STN which sounds like the one most
beneficial in that Jim had the bradykinesia, rigidity, dyskinesia. Dr.
koller of the national Parkinson research foundation wrote this
interesting article in the Nat. news  report.  he thought that the GPi
would be as benefical.    we are in a halt mode now and getting more
info. your letter on the different devices is very helpful.
all these things "boggles" the mind!
   i am reading all the time and it indeed takes lots.
thanks for you time and effort.
sincerely, Paul and Jim brinkman