Ivan M Suzman wrote:
> My blood glucose was measured at 85, and then 26
> just fifteen minutes later,at the doctor's office yesterday.  The second
> reading
> (26) seems too low, as if the blood glucose monitor needed
> re-calibration.
>
> Does anyone know if Sinemet ( or L-dopa) can either
> depress or elevate blood sugar?  The pharmacy
> lieterature supplied to me whenever I get a refilled Rx,
> warns of the possibilty of False Positive tests for diabetic patients.
>
> Is PD the cause of low blood sugar?

Ivan, ever since we spoke in Massachusetts I've been trying to get an
answer to your questions, with little success. At Barrow, a couple of
weeks ago, a neurologist said there was some study currently being done
on abnormal serum glucose with regard to PD, but nothing definitive as
yet. If I get any information, I will certainly let you know.
Best regards,
Kathrynne

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Medical nutrition therapy for Parkinson's disease
Author: "Eat well, stay well with Parkinson's disease"
"Parkinson's disease: interview and assessment tools for nutrition
professionals"
"Risk for malnutrition and bone fracture in Parkinson'sdisease," J Nutr
Elderly. V18:3;1999.
http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com/