Carol,

Nancy experienced dyskinesia as soon as she started taking
TASMAR. This was four years post her bilateral
pallidotomies. She reduced sinemet intake by nearly 35% and
still experienced dyskinesia.

After discontinuing TASMAR and returning to Permax the
Dyskinesia went away. She then started increasing sinemet
until she got things back in balance. Adding amantadine to
this mix may well help quiet the dyskinesia.

Please rember I am a CPA not an MD but I do have twenty five
years of experience with almost all these meds. In any case
be sure to discuss with your doc before changing.

Best regards,
Bob Martone

 PS - Hope to see you at the HAPS symposium April 1 at
Methodist Hospital, Houston. We have a great program
assembled.

Subject: 6-MONTH POST SURGICAL

WELL, IT HAS BEEN SIX MONTHS SINCE MY PALLIDOTOMY AND I AM
SORRY
TO SAY THAT MY DYSKINESIAS HAVE SLOWLY RETURNED.  AT 3
MONTHS
POST SURGERY MY NEUROLOGIST DOUBLED THE DOSE OF TASMAR FROM
100 TO 200 MG. 3 TIMES A DAY DUE TO THE FACT THAT I WAS
EXPERIENCING
EPISODES OF FREEZING. HAS ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCED SUCH SHORT
TERM RELIEF OF
DYSKINESIAS AFTER HAVING A PALLIDOTOMY?

CAROL GRAY
acAROL