Here's a corrected version of my earlier message (I goofed
up
the meds info) -- sorry!:

My father just started on a prescription for Remeron
(mirtazapine), 15 mg./day. This was prescribed by a
psychiatrist who knew my father has Parkinson's, and the
pharmacist raised no concerns, but online drug references
warn that Remeron could cause a potentially fatal
interaction if taken within 14 days of  MAOIs. My father is
taking Sinemet (25/100 x 3), hydergine (15 mg./day) and
selegiline (10 mg./day).

The Pact and Giduz article in Neurology talked about giving
Remeron to people who were taking carbidopa/levodopa, so I
assume that is OK. But what about the selegiline? What could

result from taking selegiline with Remeron? (He doesn't want

to give up either one.) Serotonin syndrome?
Hypertension/stroke
(even if selegiline inhibits just MAO type B)?

Help!