Roxanne -

I don't know the answer to your question specifically, but I can tell you
many of the drug interaction warnings you'll see don't distinguish between
MAO-A and MAO-B.  So far, everytime we've seen the "don't take with MAO
inhibitors" warning, asking knowledgeable experts about it has resulted in
the answer that the warning only applies to MAO-A inhibitors, and doesn't
apply to seligiline.  I'd suggest a call to your pharmacist first - they're
usually the easiest to get in touch with.  If you're not satisfied with the
answer, call another pharmacist.  Eventually you could ask the neuro to look
into it, but I'm always more comfortable if I hear it from more than one
souce.

Margie Swindler

<< online drug references
 warn that Remeron could cause a potentially fatal
 interaction if taken within 14 days of  MAOIs. My father is
 taking Sinemet (25/100 x 3), hydergine (15 mg./day) and
 selegiline (10 mg./day).

 The Pact and Giduz article in Neurology talked about giving
 Remeron to people who were taking carbidopa/levodopa, so I
 assume that is OK. But what about the selegiline? What could
 result from taking selegiline with Remeron? (He doesn't want
 to give up either one.) Serotonin syndrome?
 Hypertension/stroke
 (even if selegiline inhibits just MAO type B)? >>