I have read lots of material that shows evidence.  I have one book and there
are more available.  This summer when Don and I went to the Center for
Advanced Medicine in California we had a vapor test done.  This recorded the
amount of mercury vapor that comes off the fillings.  EPA says that 1.5 is
safe before chewing and 5 after chewing gum for 5 minutes.  When they tested
Don after chewing his rating went to 99.  Since having his fillings replaced
the pain he had every night which made it almost impossible to sleep has
disappeared.  Another friend of ours also went to the clinic.  He had
problems with belching for over 20 years.  He had been to numerous doctors
without any help.  Since having his fillings removed he doesn't have this
problem and a upset stomach that he always had while traveling doesn't
bother him anymore.  EPA made the manufacturers of children's tennis shoes
that had the flashing light in the sole install a different kind of battery,
because of the mercury battery which is about the same as one filling was
too dangerous.  My feelings is that the dental association is like the
cigarette industry.  They are afraid to say that the mercury fillings could
be dangerous because of the liability.  I have heard that if a dentist tells
you that it could be dangerous he could lose his license.  There was a bill
introduced in one of the New England legislatures asking that dentist tell
their patients that mercury could be dangerous.  The ADA lobby defeated the
bill.

It is important how and where these fillings are removed.  Most dentists
don't know the proper techniques.  If anyone wants any more info email at

Nancy B cg for Don 66/17