        I thought she had Essential Tremour...jmr

March 10, 2000

Hepburn: "I'm Fine!"

Katherine Hepburn says you can put those obituaries away, dammit.

"Tell everybody I'm doing fine!" the spirited 92-year-old actress tells
the New York Post in a rare interview. "I am okay."

The Hollywood icon's reclusive lifestyle and ongoing battle with
PARKINSON'S disease have sparked reports of her impending demise in
various tabloids, but Hepburn won't have any of that.

Such resiliency should be expected from the smart, stubborn actress. The
four-time Oscar winner's career has spanned more than six decades,
including roles in classics films such as The Philadelphia Story, Adam's
Rib and The African Queen.

The Post reports that she now spends all of her time at her rustic,
seaside home in Old Saybrook, Connecticut, after moving from her New
York townhouse in the mid-1990s. And although Parkinson's has limited
her mobility and speech, she says she's still a big eater and still
hangs out with her best friend, actor Max Showalter.

Neighbors tell the Post Hepburn still ventures outside when weather
permits.

"Miss Hepburn has good days and bad days, like most of us," says friend
Henry Josten.
  Copyright © 2000 E! Online, Inc.

--
Judith Richards, London, Ontario, Canada
                        Today’s Research...