At 06:35 AM 2000/03/16 -0500, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>Hi Janet,
>Don't take my "math" as a literal exact accounting.  That was not
>the point or intent... Sorry, I didn't convey my message clearly...
>The "math" I tried to point out was .1% or 1 in a thousand...
>I guess I should have said....
>I get most of my Parkinson's knowledge from interacting with all
>of you on the list, as I'm sure many, if not most, will readily agree.
>Before the List I knew zip...  now I'm "1 in a thousand" with all of you.
>For each of us there are "999" others wandering through Parkinson's
>without the knowledge, care, and support this List provides...
>Shouldn't we share??  ..........................  murray

hi murray

share?
absolutely!
positively!

and that's eggzackly what we are doing
right here and right now

in re the numbers game
a lot of the individual subscriptions to pieNET
go to so-called 'list exploders' -
members who share the info and support here with
their support groups or other individuals who aren't 'wired'

this list and its associated archives have to be imho
the most comprehensive all-round source for pd information
both anecdotal and clinical in the world

which source did not even exist 8 years ago
and
which source was just about the only kid on the block 4 years ago
and
which source is surrounded by cyber-neighbours now

the 'spin-off city' effect
and the grass-roots advocacy effect
are but two of the powerful and pervasive influences
that pieNET has left in its wake as it goes chugging from sea to sea
nosing into newly dug-out internet harbours and ports

how else would i have discovered jim cordy
[e.g.] [along with so many others] to be a hero of mine?

maybe the growth in 'hard' membership numbers appears to be slowing

i look on the wake left spreading behind us as a
tsunami still gathering ether power

how's them for mixed metaphors?!

oops...
did i just get on a rant?
um...
what was the question again?

janet

janet paterson
53 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
a new voice: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/
613 256 8340 PO Box 171 Almonte Ontario Canada K0A 1A0