On Thu 16 Mar, Nigel Harland wrote:
> Hello Brian,
> In answer to your questions::
> a/ I took pergolide 3 times a day but I am embarrassed to say I cannot
> recall what strength they were, other than to say they were light brown in
> colour which I think were the strongest.
> b/ Yes, I was on levadopa at the time, Madopar capsules 187.5mg 3 times a
> day.**
> c/ I tried reducing to 125mg Madopar, this only reduced my "on" times, no
> benefits, so I reverted to 187.5
> ** I have subsequently changed from Madopar capsules to Dispersible tablets,
> which I have already mentioned to the List, but at the risk of repeating
> myself I have to say this was another milestone in my treatment regime,
> absorption times reducing to a reliable 15 to 20 minutes, as opposed to the
> capsules which had become unreliable.
> Regards
> Nigel 45/12

Hello Nigel

a)  THe Pergolide is virtually certain to be the 1 mg size, Not the only
other size, which is a sort of pale green, worth 250 micro-grammes

I am puzzled at the '187.5' size of tablet that you mention (150+37.5 =187.5?)
I may be out of date, but I am only aware  of the Madopar 125 in that range
(100 + 25), then the Madopar 250 (200+50) - Is there a new tablet?

I thought that your total drug count may explain my situation vs yours

You were on 100 (or 150?) mg of levadopa + 3 Pergolide
I am on     75 mg of levodopa +  6 pergolide

I suspect that I am a bit nearer the end of the gangplank than you (!)

--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>  (60/39/34)