hi all

some further thoughts written in the past month [but not sent [!]]
in re my reply to rosemary

janet
responding to that pile of unresponded-to correspondence

watchout
non-paralysis-warning

>Subj: Re: QT: Know / reply to rosemary / clinical depression?
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Date:  Wed, 16 Feb 2000 05:17:14 -0500
>it took me months to get rid of my worst 'cd episode' of several years duration
>but i know enough about it and can recognise its insidious onslaught now
>that i ain't goin back there no more
>
>that may be part of the reason i sometimes sound goofy to a lot of parkies;
>when i am stuck in 'the emotional numbness' and 'paralysis of will' that is cd
>non-cd-ers and their jolly [read 'normal'] behaviour
>seem like aliens to me
>
>having spent roughly equal numbers of years
>dealing with pd and cd [as i know them]
>i still feel that cd can be [has been] the tougher battle
>simply because my entire life [not just the pd part] gets painted
>with the uniquely opaque grey paint sold exclusively to the cd 'monkeys'

and now, of course,
i discover that one of the reasons for my writing to rosemary
is that i needed to see the above words myself
and consider them a smack upside my head
from grac[i]e yet again

the 'paralysis of will' is behind my not writing sooner
not any intent or wish to disappoint

i can see it sometimes as if someone else were doing the looking
at a growing pile of non-responded-to messages/mail

and strangely [or maybe not so]
it seems that the paralysis is not so strong if the message
contains a plea for help/assistance

i suspect it might have something to do with my own realization
that i might be needing some myself,
even if it's simply the 'recognition of cd signs' factor

emotional stress [negative or positive] will do it to me
i feel like i only have so much emotional energy
and when it gets used up
i shut down

so anyway
here i
am

janet paterson
53 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
a new voice: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/
613 256 8340 PO Box 171 Almonte Ontario Canada K0A 1A0