For those that didn't figure it out and for those who missed the solution:

All the cards on the second page are different from the ones on the first
page, therefore no matter which card you choose, it will be removed from the
second page set (which has one less). Notice the cards are all number cards
with many spots. The 7 second wait is to allow your mind to forget all the
cards on the first page besides the one you picked. Pretty neat mind trick!
It does take the fun out of it when you find out how simply it is done. I
guess that's what I admire about magicians and card sharks. There usually is
so simple an explanation that we overlook the obvious.