In the March 12, 2000 Washington Times article by Karen Goldberg Goff she
writes, in part:

' Parkinson's also can occur as a result of illness, such as encephalitis
or other serious viruses, injury or some medications used to treat
psychiatric disorders and high blood pressure.'

It's not clear whether Ms. Goff was quoting this from any single source or
authority.

However, if we take this statement at face value, are we to believe that
medications we may have taken for these rather common disorders might have
contributed to our PD?--- and, if this is true, shouldn't these drugs be
'red-flagged' as being dangerous? After all, PD is a pretty harsh 'side
effect'!

Maybe we, the PIEN, have tossed this around before and perhaps it is
already documented--if so, I'd appreciate any feedback from people like
Janet Paterson, Joe Bruman, etc.

By the way Ivan, did you notice that viruses are also mentioned?

The purpose of this post is to try to get to the bottom of this statement
and is not meant, in any way, to demean an excellent, supportive,
well-written article.

Jack Orrell   72/7/9