Send reply to:          Parkinson's Information Exchange Network <[log in to unmask]>
From:                   Hans van der Genugten <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Re: Info Re: email virus
To:                     [log in to unmask]
Date sent:              Thu, 16 Mar 2000 14:15:36 -0500

>  Most antivirusprograms bring out a new release every half year.
>     Meanwhile they provide monthly updates to detect new virusses.
>     These updates can only be installed if your original program is
> registered.

My antivirus program (Norton) prompts me for a "live update" every
14 days!  When I boot up my computer, I am asked if I want to
download the update.  I sign on to my ISP and then download the
latest update, including the new viruses.  It takes less han 5 minutes.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.dovecom.com/rafink/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"