    -----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
    Van: Jackie G. <[log in to unmask]>
    Aan: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
    Datum: donderdag 16 maart 2000 15:12
    Onderwerp: Info Re: email virus

    >> I took my hard drive to my local computer repair shop and they
removed the virus program.  It really is not harmful, just a real pain, so I
think the anti virus companies spread these viruses so you must update or
purchase their new antivirus program (which, of course, I did, $35.00). <<

    The virus you are talking about is spread since 01/16/00.
    Most antivirusprograms bring out a new release every half year.
    Meanwhile they provide monthly updates to detect new virusses.
    These updates can only be installed if your original program is
registered.
    However it is not necessary to buy the program.
    You can download the shareware program from the internet.
    On several "crack"-sites you can obtain a crack with wich you can
"register" your shareware version.
    Then you can download the latest update and install it, and also the
latest virusses will be detected.

    Hans.