 Ivan Suzman        50/39/36       [log in to unmask]      :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses        28   deg. F   :-)
I have just been elected to the Maine State Democratic
Party Convention, where I will be held during the first
weekend in May, in Bangor.This is the 8th time I have
been a delegate, beginning in 1984.

I am now gathering support from other delegates, to
be eligible to speak at the microphone to the convention ,
about Parkinson's Disease and the need for Public Funding,
during the debate on the Party Platform.

This is my first re-appearance at a Convention since my Udall bill
speech in May, 1996, in Portland.  At that time,
the delegates gave me a standing ovation , and
passed the plank by unanimous assent with no
opposing discussion. I am encouraging others with
disabilities to speak as well.

I wish to make contact with those PIEN list-members who,.
in support of my effort to add a plank to the party
platform,  would be interested in sharing any thoughts
about content.  You do not need to be American , nor
a Democrat, to contribute your suggestions.

Would Arizona activists please update me on your
Legislative efforts?

I also have been selected as the Secretary of my district's
caucus.  We have won 20 seats out of a total of
approximately 3500 seats statewide.

Ivan Suzman
50/39/36
:-)  :-)