Interesting news!  I've maintained all along that people were confusing the
side effects of higher doses of levodopa (which are needed as the disease
progresses) with toxicity, or the old myth of "Sinemet only works for a few
years, so we'd better withhold it as long as possible."   Higher doses of any
drug are likely to yield more or stronger side effects.

 I hope this means more PWP will be medicated adequately as they need it
rather than suffering through needless disability in their early years.  Just
my opinion, with the usual caveat that I'm not a doctor.

Margie Swindler

<<
 Apparently, research does *not* support the theory that
 levodopa hastens disease progression or cell death. On the
 contrary, levodopa extends life and decreases disability.
 The real "toxicity" concern, the authors say, is whether/how
 levodopa really is related to motor fluctuations and
 dyskinesia.