I was saddened to read, just now, that the "subject/header/topics"
restriction has been done away with -

after returning from being offlist for one (1) month - i signed back on and
couldn't restrict incoming, as had previously been done -

i asked about it, but haven't received a reply yet -

One thing that I keep reminding myself every time the list goes through it's
little battles with what is appropriate on or off list is a comment I once
read from one of the members (I don't recall who it was -- but surely one of
wisdom). . .

many times people don't utilize the "subject" header because they are:
(a)  PWP and just able enough to type their thoughts and/or questions w/out
any additional key strokes, etc.
(b) CGivers who are tired and ditto (a)
(c)  interested listmembers who forget

for the most part - i must admit that the Subject Header is what i use to
read messages, and now, with no restrictions and possibly not checking in
every single day, i sit through almost 200 messages praying that i don't miss
that "one" message with the "gem" of wisdom in it -

anyway - for those of us who are able - physically or mentally - PLEASE USE
THE HEADER!!!!!  and FORGIVE THOSE WHO DON'T OR CAN'T -

thanks!

Cari
  daughter of Dempsey-PWP (71/16+)
  & Jo Ann-CGiver