Bernard Shaw wrote:

> I have just had some news from my sister. She has been diagnosed as having
> Parkinson's. How often does this occur.? I seem to remember that  some one
> wrote saying PD does not run in families.!

There seems to be several distinct forms of PD, including
different
classes of familial PD. The latter are characterized by younger
onset
and faster progression, and the genetic anomaly if any may differ
from
one family cluster to another. Familial PD is rare, and of great
interest to current researchers, so I suggest getting in touch
with
one if you can. Cheers,
Joe
--