Someone said

<I think that the authors of the articles do *not* believe that levodopa
makes Parkinson's worse, but they disagree on whether levodopa likely
causes
problems like motor fluctuations. >

I find that in my particular case, after taking Sinemet (levodopa) my PD
symptoms (bradykinesia, akinesia, other motor skill deficits, loss of sense
of smell) worsen substantially almost immediately following taking of
Sinemet [regular, not CR] and then a few minutes later symptoms improve to
a point I am practically symptom free for a while. Then....  the cycle
repeats.  The "contrary reaction"  has been reported in the literature by
others.

I would not consider this a toxic reaction.

Will Johnnston
A.P.D.A. DelMarVA Chapter Pres.
4049 Oakland School Road
Salisbury MD 21804 USA 410-543-0110