> ' Parkinson's also can occur as a result of illness, such as encephalitis
> or other serious viruses, injury or some medications used to treat
> psychiatric disorders and high blood pressure.'

In 1975 my husband was prescribed Esidrex to treat his high BP.  Despite the
fact that he informed his doctor within months of starting the drug that he
was having difficulty writing, the med was continued.  It was 4 years later
(after we moved to Michigan) that he was finally taken off Esidrex. By that
time he had developed significant PD symptoms - he was 40 years old. When I
read that PD is induced in rats through the administration of Serpasil, I
shiver.  Serpasil was one of the components of Esidrex.
-----
God bless
Mary Ann